Beef Sizzler Recipe
Sizzler with Mushroom-Onion Gravy
|3oz Stehouwer Sizzler steaks
Yellow Onion, Sliced
Garlic cloves, sliced thin
Mushrooms, chopped (any mushroom of your choice)
Red wine Vinegar
- Heat up a large saute pan on medium to high heat. Add half the oil and sear the Sizzler 3-4 min on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the rest of the olive oil, mushrooms, onion, and garlic to the pan, cooking for 5 min. In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar and sugar and set aside.
- Add the beef broth and vinegar mixture to the pan and simmer for 5 min.
- Mix the corn starch with 2Tbl of cold water. Remember always add the water to the cornstarch while stirring to prevent lumps. Then add the Herbs to that mixture.
- While the sauce is still simmering stir in the cornstarch and simmer for an additional 3-4 min to allow the sauce to thicken.